This Delicate Dahlias Sympathy Card is a slightly stepped up version from the card in my last blog post.
Because this is a sympathy card, I wanted to use a richer jewel tone for the flower. To complement the flower, I wanted earthy colors for the other layers.
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″) and 2-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ – Soft Suede
- 2-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ – Very Vanilla
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ – Sahara Sand
- Scrap at least 3/4″ x 3-1/2″ – Blackberry Bliss
- Blackberry Bliss
- Old Olive
Delicate Dahlias Sympathy Card Directions
- Using Blackberry Bliss ink, stamp the large flower on the Very Vanilla cardstock. Next, stamp the leaves using Old Olive ink. After the flower and leaves are stamped, use Blackberry Bliss ink to stamp the sentiment.
- Use the scalloped edge die and Blackberry Bliss cardstock to cut the scalloped trim.
- Then use the Stitched Greenery die to cut the stitched pattern into the Sahara Sand cardstock layer.
- After everything is stamped and die cut, adhere the layers. I used Tombow to adhere everything, except the smallest group of layers. Those I popped up on dimensionals.
- Then adhere all of those layers onto the card base.
Sale-A-Bration is the opportunity to earn FREE products. The only way to get the Delicate Dahlias stamp set is to purchase at least $100 before shipping and tax. Doing this qualifies you for one FREE level 2 item, such as Delicate Dahlias. If you purchase both die sets, you’ll be more than halfway there. Purchase a 3-month subscription to Paper Pumpkin, and you’ll qualify as well. For more information, see my previous post.
More Cards and Ideas
If you like this card, visit my Facebook page here to see other projects I have made. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.