Today’s post is a fun Delightful Day Self-Closing Box. The unique shape, large size, and handmade DSP make this a fun box.
Delightful Day Self-Closing Box Instructions
- Stamp the Whisper White CS with Old Olive ink and Cajun Craze ink and a couple of the stamps from the Delightful Day Stamp Set.
- Then score the Cajun Craze CS using the measurements below. Then score the diagonal lines. It’s easier to score the vertical and horizontal lines before scoring the diagonal lines.
- After scoring, fold and burnish all of the score lines.
- Then cut the glue tabs and the flaps for the bottom of the box. (In the last photo above, the glue tab is on the right. The bottom flaps are on top. Each of those score lines need to be cut to the first horizontal score line.)
- Next, cut your DSP (whether you chose to make it yourself, as I did, or whether you chose to use pre-made DSP. Or you could skip the DSP altogether and simply stamp on the box itself.). First you’ll need to fold the DSP in half. Then, using a trimmer, you’ll cut from the folded line diagonally to the bottom edge. You’ll need to repeat that for the other side of the square and for the second square of DSP.
- Once your DSP is cut, adhere it to your Cajun Craze CS using the adhesive of your choice.
- Using the scraps of Whisper White, Old Olive, and Cajun Craze CS and some Cajun Craze ink, stamp the sentiment and punch or die cut your embellishment pieces.
- Then, using the adhesive of your choice, adhere the long tab of the box to the box.
- To adhered the bottom of the box, fold in the four flaps so they are square. This will give the box the shape you see in the photos.
- Using dimensionals, adhere your embellishment/sentiment to your Delightful Day Self-Closing Box.
- Cajun Craze CS – cut to 6 x 8-1/2 | scored at 4 & 8 on the long side and 1 & 5 on short side| on the long side again, score to the 1st score line @ 2 and 6
- DSP (Whisper White that you’ll stamp or DSP of your choice) – 2 @ 3-3/4 x 3-3/4
- Scrap Cajun Craze CS and Whisper White CS for sentiment and embellishment
- Take Your Pick Tool
- Adhesive of choice
- Paper Snips
- Bone Folder
- Cajun Craze ink
- Old Olive ink
- Delightful Day stamp set
- Punches or dies for embellishment
I really love making my own DSP, and I love 3-D projects.
I hope you enjoyed this free 3-D tutorial. If you would like to purchase any of the products I used here, please shop my online store. Be sure to use the Hostess Code JFQZ7F6E) if you want to be entered into my monthly free giveaway drawing.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.