I am in love with the Hand Penned Suite and had to make this Hand Penned Card.
If you have visited my blog in the past, you probably know that I love flowers. The Hand Penned Suite is particularly fun, because the stamp set includes the line art images and the coloring layer. If you love to color, use the line art images and your Blends, Stampin’ Write Markers, or even your Water Color Pencils. If you’re not a fan of coloring, or you need a quick card, use the color layering stamps to quickly color your images.
Hand Penned Card Supplies
- 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ Basic White thick cardstock
- Scraps for die cutting – Basic White cardstock
- Blushing Bride cardstock
- Gray Granite cardstock
- Penned Flowers dies
- Scalloped Contours dies [Contour & Color Bundle]
- Cut and Emboss die cutting machine
- Paper Trimmer
- Heat tool
- White Emboss Powder
- 5-1/2″Blushing Bride Metallic Ribbon (retiring soon)
- Metallic Pearls
- 8″Snail Mail Suite Twine Combo Pack (white baker’s twine) (retiring soon)
Hand Penned Card Instructions
- Stamp, color (if desired), and die cut floral image. Then die cut the scalloped border from the Blushing Bride cardstock. Using the same scalloped border die from the Penned Flowers dies, die cut approximately 1/4″ from the bottom of the front of the card base. Also die cut the stitched, scalloped rectangle from the Scalloped Contour dies from Gray Granite cardstock. Use the Stitched Greenery die to add interest to the card base.
- Wrap the metallic ribbon around the Blushing Bride scalloped cardstock, securing it with tape. Using your adhesive of choice, adhere the Blushing Bride Scalloped layer to the card base so just a little bit of the scalloped card base shows.
- Tie a bow from the baker’s twine, and adhere that to the metallic ribbon.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set using Versamark, then add white emboss powder and heat set using heat tool.
- Next, adhere the die cut floral image to the scalloped Gray Granite cardstock using your adhesive of choice. Then adhere that to the card base using dimensionals.
- Finish the card off by adhering a few of the metallic pears on the scalloped rectangle.
More Cards and Ideas
If you like this card, visit my Facebook page here to see other cards I have made. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.