In my last post, I mentioned a coordinating Inspiring Iris Card Box. These cards and box make a a perfect gift. Mother’s Day is just around the corner.
For the cover of my box, I used the same layout as I used for the cards. However, I added a some dimension, a bow, and some texture. Because this was for the cover of my book box, I could add dimension without worrying about space. For my cards, I didn’t use any dimension, because I wanted to fit eight cards and envelopes in this box. You could certainly add more dimension and fewer cards and envelopes inside.
I used Calypso Coral ink for the iris and Calypso Coral cardstock for the matting layer. The matting layer was embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
For more information about creating the cards, see my previous blog post.
For the inside, I again opted not to add dimension to the pockets as that would not allow the box to close properly. Then my book would be a little wonky. No one wants a wonky book, right?
For the decoration inside, I wanted something that was stitched but not whimsy. The Stitched So Sweetly dies compliment the Whimsy dies nicely, giving the inside the same look and feel. Yet, letting the inside be beautiful but different.
Inspiring Iris Card Box Products
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ – Basic White thick cardstock
- 4″ x 5-1/2″ – Basic White cardstock
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ – Calypso Coral cardstock
- Medium Envelopes
- Whimsy dies
- Stitched So Sweetly dies
- Tasteful Textile embossing folder
- Mini Cut and Emboss die cutting machine
- Paper Trimmer
INSPIRING IRIS CARD BOX DIRECTIONS
- Create your card front panel for the front of the box. Then die cut and stamp the sentiment pieces for inside the box.
- Whisper White thick (Cover) – 6” x 10 5/8”
• With the 10 5/8” at the top, score at 4 ¾” – rotate cardstock 180° and score at 4 ¾” again.
• Whisper White (Inside Pockets) – 6 ½” x 11” – with the 11” at the top, score at ½”, 5”, 6”, and 10 ½”. With
the 6 ½” at the top, score at 3” and 3 ½”. Cut in half at 5 ½” to make (2) 5 ½” x 6 ½”
- To create the inside pockets, cut along the middle square score lines and then miter cut, making tabs.
- With a bone folder, burnish all the score lines.
- Add adhesive along the tabs right at the score line.
- Put adhesive on the back of the pocket. Place inside the cover so the pocket is just to the outside of the score line but not over it. Also, make sure your pocket is flush with the bottom of your cover. Repeat with the other pocket.
- Adhere your decorated sentiment pieces to each pocket.
- Fill each pocket with 4 envelopes and 4 cards for a total of 8. As I mentioned before, if your cards have lots of dimension, you may only be able to fit 4 or 6 cards inside.
- Finally, adhere the focal image to the cover.
More Cards and Ideas
If you like this card, visit my Facebook page here to see other cards I’ve made. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa. Also, remember to visit again on Friday, as I’ll post a coordinating box. This way, you can gift these to someone.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.