I had so much fun making these Inspiring Iris Cards that I couldn’t stop with just one. So I made four. Check out my blog post on Friday, April 9 for a fun coordinating box. These cards will make a beautiful gift, maybe even for Mother’s Day.
After I stamped this beautiful iris once, I wanted to see it in more colors. For this card, I stamped in Blushing Bride. The matting layer is also Blushing Bride.
I used Basic Gray ink for the sentiment and for the line art (outline) stamp on all four of the cards. Because I didn’t want to cut another matting layer, I used the Whimsy Dies.
All of the iris’s are beautiful, but I think the Balmy Blue iris is my favorite.
Isn’t that Whimsy stitched detail beautiful? I think the Inspiring Iris stamp set and these dies were made for each other.
The envelopes really complete the set. Who wouldn’t love to see a beautiful envelope in their mailbox?
This Mango Melody card just may be my second favorite. I love how the Mango Melody ink looks with the Granny Apple Green ink of the leaves.
I love the font of the sentiment. It’s perfect for any occasion. When I designed this card, I wanted a sentiment that would work for many occasions. I think this particular one is good for sympathy cards or birthday cards.
Of course, no gift set would be complete without matching envelopes. I tucked the stamped iris in the corner, leaving plenty of room to address the envelope.
This blog post contains a lot of photos, because I want you to see all of the cards and envelopes. I also want you to see close up, especially the cards. I purposely stamped the sentiment in gray rather than black for a couple of reasons. First, the flower line art (outline) was stamped in gray. Another reason is I wanted the iris to take center stage.
Inspiring Iris Cards Details
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ – Basic White thick cardstock
- 4″ x 5-1/2″ – Basic White cardstock
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ – Blushing Bride cardstock
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ – Balmy Blue cardstock
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ – Gorgeous Grape cardstock
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ – Mango Melody cardstock
- Blushing Bride ink
- Balmy Blue ink
- Gorgeous Grape ink
- Mango Melody ink
- Granny Apple Green ink
- Basic Gray ink
INSPRING IRIS CARDS DIRECTIONS
- Die cut second largest Whimsy die on each 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock.
- Using Basic Gray ink, stamp the line art (outline) image of the iris and the sentiment.
- Next, stamp the leaves on each panel using Granny Apple Green ink.
- Now, stamp the fill in color of each iris panel.
- Then adhere the stamped panel to the coordinating mat layer and adhere the layers to the front of the card base.
More Cards and Ideas
If you like this card, visit my Facebook page here to see other cards I’ve made. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa. Also, remember to visit again on Friday, as I’ll post a coordinating box. This way, you can gift these to someone.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.