Welcome to the Stamp It Group’s April Blog Hop. Our theme this month is Mother’s Day. We are all using current Stampin’ Up products. I’m Jodie Ball from Colorado, USA, and you are visiting my blog, JodiesInkSpot.com. At the bottom of my post, you will find a list of all of the participating bloggers, so you can hop along from blog to blog and see all of the fantastic projects. Don’t forget to type #stampitcontest along with any comments to be eligible for the GIVEAWAY.
I seem to be in a square card mood these past couple of days. They cost a little extra to mail, but I think they are worth it.
To make this card, you will need:
- Whisper White cardstock cut to 4-1/2″ x 9″ and scored at 4-1/2″. This is your cardbase.
- Balmy Blue cardstock cut to 4-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ for the mating layer and one scarp piece big enough to mat your sentiment
- Shimmery White cardstock cut to 4″ x 4″ plus one scrap piece big enough for your sentiment
- Balmy Blue ink pad
- Stampin’ Write Balmy Blue marker
- Whisper White 1/8″ sheer ribbon (12″ total)
- Tropical Chic stamp set
- Metallic Pearls
- Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies, Stitched Rectangles Thinlits Dies
- Other: Big Shot, dimensionals, multi-purpose glue and/or tear & tape, snips
- Place the smaller Detailed Floral Thinlit die about 1/8″ from the bottom and both sides of the Shimmery White 4″ square and die cut; then turn the card 180 degrees and cut the same way from that side. So you have a mirror image of your first cut.
- Using the 2-3/8 x stitched rectangle, cut a mat for the sentiment from the scrap of Balmy Blue cardstock, and cut the sentiment from the scrap of Shimmery White cardstock.
- Cut the stitched Shimmery White rectangle along the stitching lines to create a smaller piece to layer on the Balmy Blue stitched rectangle.
- Stamp the sentiment in Balmy Blue ink. Because I didn’t use the full sentiment (with much love & thanks), I masked the part I didn’t want (& thanks). Then I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment.
- Use wet glue to adhere the sentiment to the Balmy Blue mat and the floral die cut square to the Balmy Blue mat. (You could use the multipurpose sheets, but I didn’t have any.)
- Use Balmy Blue Stampin’ Write marker to color the ribbon. I used 2 coats on one half of the ribbon, so it would be darker. Once the ribbon is dry, cut it into 2 six inch pieces.
- Put the ribbon on the card and adhere it on the back with tear and tape. I put the darker piece down then placed the lighter ribbon above that to give it a bit of an ombre look.
- Adhere the Balmy Blue mat (with the Shimmery White layer adhered to it) onto the cardbase.
- Adhere metallic pearls to the sentiment.
- Using dimensionals, adhere the sentiment piece.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog hop project.
Giveaway and Last Month’s Winner
Keep on Hopping