This Mountain Air Card is perfect for the men in your life. I think it makes a great Father’s Day card. As you can see, I chose to make mine a thinking of you card. But I think this card is perfect for any occasion from birthday to sympathy. Don’t think this card is only for the guys, because women love mountain scenes too.
MOUNTAIN AIR CARD SUPPLIES
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ plus 4-1/2″ x 3/4″ for sentiment – Crumb Cake cardstock
- 2 @ 3-3/4″ x 5″, plus scraps for stamping – Basic White cardstock
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ – Basic Black cardstock
- Copy paper, or masking paper, or large Post it note
- Majestic Mountain dies
- Mini Cut and Emboss die cutting machine
- Banners Pick a Punch
- Paper Trimmer
- Blending Brushes
MOUNTAIN AIR CARDS – DIRECTIONS
- Stamp the two 3-3/4″ x 5″ panels. One for the inside. The other for the outside. Stamp the mountains on a scrap of copy paper (or masking paper) and die cut or fussy cut. If you’re using copy paper, add a think layer of Tombow to the back of the mountains and let air dry. (Tombow is a two way glue. When you let it air dry, without adhering it to anything, it becomes repositionable.) One the Tombow is dry and tacky, mask the mountains. Stamp the trees on the scrap of Basic White. Then die cut or fussy cut the trees.
- Using the blending brushes, blend the Mango Melody ink above the mountains. Be careful not to ink too high. Next, blend the Pacific Point from the top of the panel to the Mango Melody. Carefully blend around the mountains so you don’t end up with green in the sky. Still using the blending brushes, blend some of the black in around the edges and top. Next, blend the Old Olive ink then the Garden Green ink from the bottom to the base of the trees. Again, blend some black ink around the bottom and edges.
- Once your blending is done, cut each panel to 1-5/8″ wide. Then adhere these pieces to the black mat piece. TIP: Start by adhering the two sides with equal borders. Then adhere the middle piece. Adhere this whole piece to the Crumb Cake card base.
- Stamp your sentiment onto the Crumb Cake piece. Then cut the banner end using the Banner Pick a Punch. Next, tie the linen thread around the end, wrapping 3 or 4 times and tie in a knot. Now, attach it to the card using dimensionals.
- Attach the trees to the left of the sentiment with dimensionals at the top and bottom but not in the center.
More Cards and Ideas
If you like this card, visit my Facebook page here to see another card I made using this layout. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.