I love this Ornate Garden Mother’s Day Gift Box. It’s perfect for some jewelry. I made the original box a little smaller, but I wanted it a little bigger so you could add a gift card if you wanted to. Of course, you don’t have to use this box for jewelry. Lots of things will fit, including chocolate. There’s always room for chocolate.
Ornate Garden Mother’s Day Gift Box Supplies
- Pansy Patch (available May 4th)
- Ornate Garden (DSP) (on sale and retiring on May 4) – 4″ x 5″ scored at 1-1/4″ on all 4 sides
- Rococo Rose cardstock (retiring May 4) – 5″ x 6″ scored at 3/4″ on all 4 sides; plus scrap
- Tailor Made dies (available May 4th)
- Mini Cut and Emboss die cutting machine
- Paper Trimmer
- Take Your Pick Tool
ORNATE GARDEN MOTHER’S DAY GIFT BOX – DIRECTIONS
- For both pieces (DSP and cardstock), cut up the score line to the first horizontal score line. Then miter cut the each square in the corners, making glue tabs.
- For both pieces, put adhesive on the tabs and adhere to form the box and lid.
- Using Early Espresso ink, stamp the sentiments on the scrap Rococo Rose cardstock, then die cut it using one of the smallest Tailor Made tag dies. Adhere the tag to the box.
- Cut a 12″ piece of ribbon and a 6″ piece of ribbon. Wrap the 12″ piece around the box and lid, securing with Tombow. (I find that glue dots don’t hold this ribbon.) Then tie a knot in the 6″ piece and adhere it to the first piece of ribbon with Tombow (or tie the knot over the ribbon that’s wrapped around the box and secure with Tombow). Finally, add a basic pearl to the tag.
Come back on Friday and see the card I made to go with this sweet box.
More Boxes and Ideas
If you like this box, visit my Facebook page here to see other projects I have made. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa.
To see another box mom will love, check out this post.
Card Sketch Challenge
Check out my card sketch challenge post here. There’s no purchase necessary, and you could win. Just post a photo on my challenge post or my Facebook page post.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.