PICK SIX – CARD 1
You may be wondering just what is a pick six? It’s a one sheet wonder with a twist. Because we are choosing six designs from one pack of Designer Series Paper (DSP or patterned paper), we have twelve designs to play with. And, since we use our scraps, we squeeze out a 14th card.
Let me back up a little for those of you who don’t know what a one sheet wonder is. Because DSP and patterned paper comes in either 12″ x 12″ or 6″ x 6″ pieces, it became a challenge to see how you could cut up just one of those sheets to use on multiple cards. That way you maximize the use of your DSP and your cardstock. I did not create this concept. One sheet wonders have been out for a long time.
What I really love about the pick six concept is, you only need a 6″ x 6″ piece, so you can do this with any one of our DSP packs. Plus, the pick six concept uses 4 card layouts. The Pick Six wonder is the brain child of Shannon West, a DDM with Stampin’ Up!. Shannon was kind enough to allow us to share this with our customers. She also created this Pick Six PDF.
PICK SIX – CARD 1 SUPPLIES
- 1 Pack of DSP (choose 6 patterns)
- 7 sheets of plain, coordinating cardstock (for card bases)
- 1 sheet of Basic White cardstock or Very Vanilla cardstock (whichever coordinates with your DSP)
- Coordinating or sentiment stamp set
- Ink pad
- Punch (for sentiments)
- Coordinating ribbon
- Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips
- Score and cut all of your card bases from the coordinating cardstock you chose.
- From the Basic White or Very Vanilla cardstock, punch 17 shapes ready for your sentiments. Stamp sentiments on punched pieces, then set them aside.
- Using the Pick Six PDF, cut your DSP and pile up the pieces. For this blog post, we will only make the card 1 versions. You’ll notice from the template, there will be 3 of the card one layout.
PICK SIX – CARD 1 DIRECTIONS
*Note: The photos are from the alternative card I made. See this card on my Facebook page tomorrow.
- Take your 2-1/2″ squares with the 1-1/4″ split cut into them and slide them over each other. Do this for all six squares, so you end up with three pairs. (See photo below.)
- Put adhesive on the ends that are not free. You will be putting the adhesive in opposite corners. (See photo below.)
- Fold the free flaps over the glued side, so all four patterns are visible. (See photos below.) Do this to all four squares. Then adhere these little squares flat.
- Adhere this to one of the card bases. Then adhere a sentiment and some ribbon.
For a limited time (July 1 – August 2), Stampin’ Up! is offering select DSP packs for 15% off. So now is the perfect time to stock up on DSP. Now you have no excuse not to try a Pick Six.
DSP Sale Details
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount.
To see all of the select DSP packs that are part of this promotion, click here.
MORE CARDS AND IDEAS
If you like this card, visit my Facebook page here to see other cards. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.