Playful Pets Card (CASE)
I just had to make this Playful Pets Card (CASE). I did CASE this card from the catalog. If you’re wondering, CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything, or Copy And Selectively Edit. CASEing is a good way to get your mojo flowing. It really sparks your creativity.
Many times, I will change something from the original, but I loved this card so much. I just copied everything, except the ribbon. I’m not sure how I missed that.
Playful Pets Card (CASE) Details
- 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ – Basic White thick cardstock
- 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ approx – Basic White cardstock
- 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ approx –Real Red cardstock
- 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ approx; plus 2 @ 1/2″ x 5-1/2″ – Basic Black
- 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ – Playful Pets DSP
- scrap Vellum cardstock
- Layering Ovals dies (retiring soon)
- Mini Cut and Emboss die cutting machine
- Paper Trimmer
- Heat Tool
- Fussy cut the black cat from the DSP. (You could also stamp and color one of the cat images from the stamp set.) Die cut the circles from Basic Black, Basic White, and Real Red cardstock. Cut DSP and Basic Black cardstock strips using a paper trimmer.
- Cut off the bottom of the real red circle, then adhere that to the bottom of the Basic White die cut circle. Then adhere the cat to the whisper white die cut circle. Now adhere the black strips to the back of the DSP, leaving approximately 1/8″ showing.
- Adhere DSP layer to the card base, then put dimensionals on the cat circle, and adhere it to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento ink. Or use one of the provided preprinted sentiments, and trim to size with your paper trimmer or use a punch.
- If you have anything hanging over the sides, trim with snips.
More Cards and Ideas
If you like this card, visit my Facebook page here to see an alternate card I made. The projects I post on Facebook don’t always appear on my blog and vice versa.
To see another card using retiring products, check out this post.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.