Beautiful Friendship meets simple stamping, because the Beautiful Friendship stamp set and simple stamping were meant to be. These are some of the DistINKtive stamps that give photo realistic results, without the need for layered stamping. This card looks difficult, but it’s really easy.
Beautiful Friendship Meets Simple Stamping Card
- Stamp the flowers on a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using Flirty Flamingo ink. Then stamp the leaves using Soft Sea Foam ink. (If you find that you’re getting Flirty Flamingo ink where the image should be Soft Sea Foam, just wipe off the Flirty Flamingo.) Now stamp the stamen using Smoky Slate ink.
- Next, stamp the sentiment, which is from the Free as a Bird stamp set, in Smoky Slate ink.
- Then cut a thin frame from Gold Foil sheet. (The easiest way to do this is to put a rectangle die as close to the corner as you can get it. A trimmer would also work. For really simple stamping, leave off the Gold Foil and the frames.)
- Next, on the small rectangle, cut off 1/8″ from the top and the right side. (This will help keep the image in proportion when you inlay the gold frame.).
- Then, on an A2 size card base made from thick Whisper White cardstock, adhere the outside frame. Next, adhere the thin Gold Foil frame. Last, adhere the center rectangle. (I like to use Tombow for this as it allows me time to move the pieces if I get them in the wrong place.)
If you wanted to change this up, you could add Dimensionals to all of the pieces and adhere them to the card. Also, you could raise the outer frame on Dimensionals and adhere the gold frame and the center rectangle flat to the card.
There are many ways to change up this card, including using ribbon, sequins or trinkets. Stampin’ Up! offers many embellishments to chose from.
You can purchase the items I used to make this card at my online store. Use the July Hostess code (VQBC632U) for an entry into my monthly giveaway. Remember, for each $50 you spend, you’ll earn a $5 coupon to use in August. There’s no limit on the number of coupons you can earn.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.