What is Simple Stamping? Basically, it’s cardmaking using just paper (cardstock), ink, and stamps. It’s stamping at it’s most basic, which often yields stunning and elegant results. Simple stamping is also a jumping off point. Starting with paper, ink, and stamps, then adding, ribbon, matting layers, and dimensionals makes the card making process easier.
So, if you’re new to stamping and don’t know where to begin, search for #simplestamping for lots and lots of ideas.
Simple Stamping Card Instructions
- Start with a card base that’s 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and score at 4-1/4″.
- Next stamp the large more solid floral image from the Floral Essence Stamp Set in the colors of your choice. Then stamp the leaves in your favorite green.
- Finish by stamping the sentiment in a coordinating color.
That’s all there is to it.
- Whisper White thick cardstock for the card base
- Poppy Parade Ink
- Grapefruit Grove Ink
- Bermuda Bay Ink
- Soft Sea Foam Ink
- Daffodil Delight Ink
- Smoky Slate Ink
- Floral Essence Stamp Set
- Free As a Bird Stamp Set (sentiment)
- Bone folder
- Simply Scored
Step It Up
If you wanted to step up this card, you could:
- stamp on a piece of Whisper White cardstock that is 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Then mat the stamped layer on a piece of cardstock that matches one of the inks you chose for the flowers. In my case, I could choose Poppy Parade, Grapefruit Grove, Bermuda Bay, Soft Sea Foam, or Smoky Slate cardstock for my matting layer. (The matting layer would be 1/4″ larger than the stamped piece. So the matting layer would be 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.)
- After layering your stamped piece onto your colored mat piece, you would then adhere that to the card base.
- To embellish it more, you could cover the centers of the flowers with a thin layer of the fine tip glue. That would give the flower centers a glossy finish.
Of course, there are many ways to step up the card, including adding ribbon, rounding the corners, adding enamel dots or rhinestones. If you purchased the Floral Essence Bundle you would save 10% and you would get a fun punch. Then you could add 3D flowers to your card.
Really, you are only limited by your imagination.
If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create this card, shop my online store. Also, be sure to use the Host Code (FCEYHK7S) to be entered into a drawing for a free gift.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.