This Tropical Chic Floating Frame Card is so easy to make, and it’s such a wow card. This is not my original idea. I saw the technique on Jennifer McGuire’s blog.
Tropical Chic Floating Frame Products/Supplies
Layering Ovals Dies
Non-Stampin’ Up! Products
Tropical Chic Floating Frame Card Instructions
- Start by stamping and die cutting your images.
- Once you have your images stamped and die cut, start placing them (not adhering) onto a piece of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ paper.
- Once you have the die cut pieces where you want them, lay a piece of Press’n Seal over the images. Press firmly on the Press’n Seal to make sure it sticks to the images.
- Then trim away any excess from the sides. You will probably trim some of the die cuts. That’s okay.
- Then carefully peel away the Press’n Seal. You want the images to stick to the Press’n Seal, as this is how you will transfer them.
- Now take a die—I used an oval die from the layering ovals—and place it on the front side of the die cuts. Once you have the die where you want it, use low-tack tape to hold the die in place.
- Then die cut the oval (or whatever shape you chose). Now you’ll have two pieces, the frame, and the oval.
- Then with the die cut leaves and flowers still stuck to the Press’n Seal (on both the oval and the frame), add dimensionals to the backs, then remove the dimensional backers.
- Because the Press’n Seal is flimsy, it is easiest to lay the frame and oval face down and bring the card bases to them. Then press firmly to adhere the dimensionals.
- Lastly, you can stamp any sentiment you want in the oval on the frame card.
In the photo above, you’ll see that I used the oval piece that I cut from the frame card to make another card. With this technique, you can make two cards at once with this technique.
If you’re interested in purchasing any of the items listed above, you can shop my online store. All of the items are linked above in the Products/Supplies section to make it easier for you to shop. If you use the July Hostess Code (VQBC632U), I’ll put your name in my monthly giveaway.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day.